Monday, July 18, 2011

River House Weekend

Today's post:
     This past weekend was one of my best friends birthday and to celebrate he and his family invited a bunch of friends out to a river house that they rented out for the weekend.  Drinking was an all day event throughout the weekend as well as heading down for the river to swim and drink there as well.  This weekend vacation was one of the most memorable weekends I have had in a while and I don't remember a small portion of it due to drinking which means "mission accomplished" in my book.

     On the first day there, we spent the majority of the day lounging outside on the deck with some beers while we waited for everyone to make it out.  We did watch some television as well since one of the gifts my friend recieved was season three of "30 Rock" but then things started getting hectic since more and more people started showing up.  The games of choice on this first day was of course the favorite game of many college students; beer pong.  We played beer pong for a few hours which really didn't put that much of a dent on the beer that we took out there (which goes to show how much beer was actually brought out).  Towards the end of the night we also played a few games of flip cup which helped more people to get involved with the drinking games and get more intoxicated.  once most people were pretty drunk, the hot tub was finally put into use and it was just about the last thing most of us ended up doing that night.  It was a good way to end a night of heavy drinking

     The second day a few people had to leave but another good friend of us made it out there to join us for another day of crazy activities.  For starters, we made it out to the river that day to drink and swim.  A floating beer pong table was brought out so we could try to play out in the river which was a bit more troubling than we thought it would be since we didn't take into account the current of the river water and and the depth of the water as well.  We found the right spot to play though and a few hand made weights solved the problem of the table being dragged down because of the current.  Another game we ended up play was a game that was introduced to us by a friend called "cornhole".  Here is the wikipedia description of what the game is like:


Cornhole is a lawn game in which players take turns throwing cornhole bags (cotton duck bags filled with feed corn) at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. These platforms are usually made with plywood or plastic and are often decorated. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. Play continues until a player reaches the score of 21.
     This game was a good way to spend the afternoon since we got to just relax and drink beer and eat.  This night was also filled with drinking games just like the first one except people did end up getting more wild.  Handles of vodka got finished, the beer was run through also this same night and people stayed up even more late than the previous night.  This made the next day much more rough to pack and to get u and leave.

Final thoughts :
     This is why there has been a large period of time since my last post to this one.  I didn't really have this mini vacation planned out for me so I didn't have much of a warning to go out and post about it.  Usually I would like to let you guys know if I will have posts stop or if something came up.  Thankfully it gave me something to write about as well.

Comments:
     What are some other drinking games you guys like to play when you are at parties?  I know a few games but overall my favorite game to play is obviously beer pong.  Just because it is my favorite game to play doesn't mean I'm necessarily good at it though so don't go out of your way to make me your partner.  Another all time favorite of mine is a more sociable game which is Kings Cup and I like that because more people can get involved and you get to meet more people that way.

9 comments:

  1. Dunno if I ever mentioned this, but I actually don't drink alcohol.

    BUT, I may be a teetotaler but I don't begrudge another bro their drinky drank, y'knowwhatImean? I'm that guy who buys a round at the bar, I'm that guy who buys you a beer on a rainy day, and I'm that guy who supports your right to drink whenever the hell you want to...so long as it doesn't jeopardize yer life or mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really sounds like a large amount of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehh, i stay away from alcohol

    ReplyDelete
  4. floating beer pong, awesome. Sounds like you really had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an awesome time. I'm not much of a drinker myself but on the rare occasions I do drink, we usually watch something like Predator and have a shot every time someone says "run" or some shit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, this sounds amazing! Surprised at the ratio of non-drinkers commenting actually, but each to their own.

    I'd gladly partake with you if you're ever in London!

    ReplyDelete