Monday, June 13, 2011

The Flu and Loosing My Van

Today:
     Over the past few days I had what appears to be the flu.  I started to feel like I was getting sick starting on Saturday and it got progressively worse over that night and all throughout Sunday morning.  I hate not really being able to do anything when I really have nothing holding me back except for being ill.  I missed out on going out to the clubs with friends on Saturday, missed out on playing soccer during the day with some friends.  I was trapped inside my own house on a Sunday where I had nothing to really look forward to.  Thankfully now I'm feeling better and am up for doing more throughout the day.

     Finally I got the van towed away from my house which I was trying to get rid of for a while now.  Its almost sad how much I liked that van even though I never really took that much care of it.  It was my first car after all.  I would take it out to go to parties and would often times drive friends around just to have a drive when we had nothing to do.  It was spacious enough for when I had not gotten sleep after an all nighter for school i would take a break from classes and sleep in it comfortably.  It has dinks and scratches on it from me learning how to really drive a car.  It had crumbs and food spills all over from drunk friends spilling food and beverages after parties and what not.  I did give it a good clean though before i gave it away and took it to a car wash so it wasn't completely filthy for whoever got it next.  But then again it was pretty unreliable and I couldn't venture too far without it starting to overheat.  Hopefully someone in need will get the money from its sale or get the van to help out.
*note that my yard is the one on the left lol.*


Beyond:
     Now I'm going to try to rest up and get better for the activities that come tomorrow.  The plan is to do some yard work in my backyard and to clean up my room some.  Looking for the damn title for that van made me destroy my room in a fruitless effort to find it.  Obviously I need a new organization system for my documents.
     Will be working on "Workout Wednesday #2" tomorrow so it can be a better post.  I'll be editing the first Workout Wednesday adding links and maybe some pictures to it to help people out.  If you need some exercise tips check out my posts on Wednesdays to get some information on workouts and health tips.

Comments:
     What are some things that you guys have missed out on from being sick?  I have missed out on a few things such as going out with friends but I have never really been stopped from doing something important.  I believe that regardless of being sick or not, if something is important for you, then you shouldn't really miss it.

22 comments:

  1. You donated the van to charity? That's great! Hope you feel better, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn that sucks! I don't get sick I have immunity to everything ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang =/ hope you feel better, looking forward to more posts keep em coming. i dont get sick very often so i cant say ive missed anything great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vans are pimp. Cheer up ol chap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you donated your van? Thats sweet of you <3. That sucks about the flu though :\ I hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sucks man, I missed a rooftop Cubs game a few weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like everyone is getting sick. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. man that sucks, got to get your van back

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was gonna yell at you about the grass but that's not your yard, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not really a sick story, but a few years ago I broke my leg really bad, and was stuck in the house for about 4 months. It felt like I missed a freaking lifetime of social activities because in those four months I missed out on a huge Vegas trip that a lot of my friends went on, and a wedding where I was going to be the best man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get well, get well soon we wish you to get well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I drove my first car into the ground too

    ReplyDelete
  13. @phosports I am pretty sure he donated his van, I don't think he "lost" it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed a very important exam when I had pneumonia, but I had to write it anyway. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flu is over here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Agh, I absolutely hate having the flu during the summer! Feel better, man.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh man that sucks
    my cat has been sick and I have not been getting much sleep myself

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you're feeling better now. I haven't had the flu in a really long time, but I felt like I was going to die. It's awful, especially during the Summer with the heat and such.

    ReplyDelete